Time for TellyJuice’s zingy JAFFA ORANGE inspired logo
5 Things You Didn’t Know About Jaffa Oranges
- The Jaffa orange was developed by Arab farmers in the mid 19th century as a ‘sweet and fine’ and virtually seedless orange.
- The many health benefits contained in a Jaffa Orange include: limonoids which help to fight against cancer, polyphenols that reduce inflammation and combat viruses, vitamin B6 which helps produce serotonin – to keep us happy. They are also effective at relieving constipation and protecting sperm from genetic damage! Feel free to try for yourself.
- The Jaffa Orange has become a symbol of Palestine’s conflict with Israel.
- The Jaffa Cake was named after the orange, albeit a UK invention. Interestingly the Jaffa Cake is legally classified as a cake as opposed to a biscuit. VAT is payable on chocolate covered biscuits, but not cakes.
- It takes approx 2,380 orange slices to power an iPhone. See below: