If you’re reading this and wondering ‘How much does a web video cost?’ the chances are you have never made an online video before. Firstly congratulations, commissioning an online video is a wise move – if done correctly.
Some of the UK’s biggest businesses and television channel broadcasters come to TellyJuice for video, due to the high professional standards of our work. It’s more normal for people to tell us their budget, but for first timers you will quite rightly be asking ‘How much does a web video cost?’
‘How much does a web video cost?’ is a genuinely difficult question to answer because there are so many variables involved, such as:
- The duration of the finished video?
- Does the project require a storyboard?
- How much filming is involved?
- How many filming locations are there?
- Does the video need graphic animation?
- Or special effects?
- Or a voice over?
- Will it need commercial or library music?
- How soon is the deadline?
The Ballpark Is Huge
- In general, the cost of a web video depends on the quality of video you are looking for.
- If you shoot a video on your iPhone or camcorder – the cost would be next to nothing, but the result would be unprofessional.
- If you find a cheap producer on Google, who’ll give you a very basic ‘off-the-shelf’ video, you can expect to pay around £1,000-£2,000.
- If you want a high-quality, original video campaign, that reflects the quality of your brand – you can expect to budget around £3,000-£20,000 (depending on the variables).
- Or, if you commission a week-long production in multiple locations, with heli-cams and drones, top actors and a large cast, followed by weeks on end in our special effects studio, you can expect to pay around £50,000-£100,000.
Quality Not Quantity
At TellyJuice we only create professional broadcast quality video. In fact, all of our producers come from a TV production background, we are used to making documentaries, adverts and television trailers.
We believe that one quality video, placed well, is far more effective than a handful of cheap ‘Alan Partridge’ style videos that can only damage your brand reputation. So when researching your perfect video production company, always remember quality, NOT quantity.
So how much does a web video cost? Our budget recommendations
Due to the high professional standards of our videos, we recommend companies budget a minimum of £3,000-£4,000 for a video.
For a video campaign, or brand advert, we recommend a budget of around £10,000-£20,000.
Whatever your budget, we’ll find a creative solution to suit
Whether you’re a start up with a modest budget, or a medium-sized company with a healthy budget, we’ll come up with a creative solution and placement strategy that will create fantastic ROI, so your investment in video will be a decision you’ll never regret.
For startups, we create explainer films, web videos and brand films to get you noticed. For larger companies we create internal communications, presentations, events videos, product or software explainer videos and brand films for your website. For TV channels we create programme trailers, adverts, commercials and sales reels. Whichever of these videos is right for your company and your budget, get in touch and we’ll find a creative solution to suit you and your budget.
We can give you an exact quotation… In fact we never start a project without one. In order to do that, we need to know more details of what’s involved in your project and consider some of the variables in the list above.
Drop us an email or call us and we’ll send you a brief document to complete. Or follow this link to download one. On receiving the completed document, we can give you an exact quotation.
Our quotes are completely free of charge, so your enquiry won’t cost you a penny.
The bottom line
In 2014 video is becoming increasingly important as a communications tool. Ignoring the need for a web video is not a viable option for businesses any more.
As with any form of content creation – take your time to get it right, and invest wisely. Instead of asking yourself How much does a web video cost? Ask yourself – How much do I value the reputation of my company’s brand?
Get in Touch
It costs nothing to talk! Give us a call and let’s see how TellyJuice can help you. SAY HELLO.
Read: How to Measure the ROI of your Video
Read: Questions to ask your Corporate Video Production Company
Read: Why is a brief document so important?
Read: 6 Reasons why video is so important for your business